Monday, August 25, 2014

Welcoming the Class of 2018!

The Fall semester is finally here and with game days right around the corner, I am excited to welcome the class of 2018 to the University of Florida. The students at UF are some of the brightest in the nation and we continue to have awesome additions to our student body. I cannot wait to see what this new class will accomplish. With that being said, I hope that each and every one of you had a great summer and are ready for all the events taking place in the upcoming months. I launched my social media campaign this summer and will be using this blog to keep students updated on events taking place on campus, inform you about different resources at UF, and anything else I think will be relevant to our student body. You can also follow me on instagram and twitter @ufsbprez.

The campus residence halls finally opened and students have been moving in all week, rain or shine. This Florida weather has been tough to deal with but I had a great time serving our community by passing out water to students and families having to combat the blistering heat.



I also really enjoyed meeting the new freshmen on move in day and at convocation. It was an incredible experience welcoming the freshmen class during the only time all 6,000 plus #UF18 students will be together.
Class of 2018 Convocation

Upcoming Events:
  •       There will be a SG Open House held Wednesday September 9th from 10:00am-2:00pm.
    •      Representatives from all areas of Student Government will be available to answer any and all questions students may have.
  •     Student Government along with myself will be serving ice cream to students at Gator Nights from 8:30pm-10:30pm this Friday on the third floor of the Reitz.
  •     Lunch on the Lawn will be held at the Plaza of the Americas from 11:00am-1:00pm on September 16th.

I encourage everyone to stop by these events and hangout for a little!

I hope you all have a great first week of classes. I know the first week back can be as stressful as it is exciting. Good luck over the next few days with purchasing textbooks and figuring out where your classes are located.  Check out this textbook deal between SG and the UF bookstore!



Don’t forget to attend our upcoming events, I look forward to meeting more and more students as the semester continues!


Cory

No comments:

Post a Comment